A quality hardscape design will enhance the beauty of an area while providing additional value and practical functions. It can include things like walkways, patios, pools, fountains, water features, and other structures.
By incorporating hardscaping into your design, you can create a more inviting outdoor space that is perfect for relaxing or entertaining. Furthermore, there are many different types of hardscape materials to choose from, so you can find the perfect fit for your needs.
What Is Hardscaping?
Why Should You Hardscape?
A good hardscape design provides a number of benefits to homeowners and businesses. They add value to homes by providing an attractive exterior space that is functional and safe. They also help protect against water damage and mold growth. In addition, they can improve the appearance of a home or business, making it more appealing to potential buyers.
Types of Hardscapes
There are several different types of hardscape structures from which to choose, such as retaining walls, walkways, patios, pools, and fountains.
- Retaining walls are typically made of stone masonry or concrete and are designed to hold back soil and prevent erosion.
- Walkways are usually constructed with stone or brick and are used to connect one feature point of interest or area of land with another.
- Patios are generally flat areas of ground covered with pavers or bricks.
- Pools are large bodies of water that are often surrounded by landscaping to increase their appeal and value.
- Fountains are decorative structures that contain water and are often found in parks and other public places. And in the past few years, more homeowners are including fountains and water features in their landscape designs.
Materials Used For Hardscaping
- Natural stone or stone pavers and blocks are commonly used for hardscapes because they provide an attractive appearance and are extremely durable.
- Brick is another popular choice because of its durability and ease of installation.
- Wood is also a good option because wood is naturally resistant to moisture and insects.
- Concrete is a lower-cost option for durability and longevity, but you may sacrifice some aesthetic beauty and value.
Looking to Add Some Extra Value to Your Home?
A well-designed hardscape can do just that! Not only will it make your outdoor space more inviting, but it can also provide additional functionality and value. Heartland Landscape Group is a trusted hardscape design and installation company at Lake of the Ozarks with years of experience. We can help you create the perfect space for your needs and budget.
Get in touch with us today to schedule a free consultation. We would be happy to discuss your options and answer any questions you have.
Read more helpful articles from our blog:
There’s nothing quite like gathering around a cozy outdoor fireplace at your Lake of the Ozarks home on a cool evening. Whether you are entertaining
The Spring rainy season is upon us. When it rains, water can often accumulate in certain areas of your yard and property, leading to unwanted